Looking for Affordable Health Care?
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is where you shop for insurance to meet your needs. You can apply now for January 2014 coverage.
Basic Health Ends December 31, 2013
Health care programs under the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) begin on January 1, 2014. The Basic Health program ends on December 31, 2013. This includes the:
- Foster Parents Program
- Personal Care Workers Program
- Federal Health Coverage Tax Credit Program (HCTC – Basic Health)
New Phone Hours
Starting October 1, 2013, Basic Health and Washington Health customer service phone hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or email email@example.com at any time. A Basic Health or Washington Health representative will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than 24 business hours from when we receive your request. The Basic Health and Washington Health customer service phone number is 1-800-660-9840.
You may be eligible for expanded Medicaid.
Class Action Lawsuit Information
A class action lawsuit against the Health Care Authority was recently filed regarding the March 1, 2011 disenrollment of Basic Health members not lawfully present in the United States. On September 28, the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington issued a preliminary injunction ordering Basic Health to offer re-enrollment to approximately 11,000 members in two classes, the Equal Protection Class and the Due Process Class.
There are approximately 1,500 members that fall into the Equal Protection Class. These are the members that provided some documentation that they are lawfully present in the United States, but did not meet the 5-years required to receive services.
The remaining members fall into the Due Process class. The judge said Basic Health did not give them sufficient notice about the reason for their disenrollment, how to provide documentation of immigration status, and their appeal rights.
Basic Health is sending notification to the affected members offering them coverage effective December 1, 2011 if they pay their premium.
- Notice of Proposed Partial Class Action Settlement EN (53.2 KB), CH (126.7 KB), KO (185 KB), RU (231.4 KB), SP (45 KB), VI (225.7 KB)
- November 1, 2013 Ruling (296 KB)
- FAQs (45.6 KB)
- September 28, 2011 Ruling (235.8 KB)
- Equal Protection Class Letter (77.7 KB)
- Due Process Class Letter (80.9 KB)
- Acceptable Immigration Documents (441.3 KB)
- Continued Eligibility Determination Form (267.4 KB)
- CR-103E 182-22-320 (190.6 KB)
- 182-22-320 (Emergency Rule) (34.6 KB)
|For Eligibility and Enrollment Questions:||For Lawsuit Questions:|
|Northwest Health Law Advocates